Breaking

JAMB: Over 100,000 candidates in varsities


The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board says over 100,000 candidates who met admission requirements have so far been offered placements into Nigerian universities for the 2019/2020 academic session.



Spokesman for JAMB, Dr Fabian Benjamin, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Lagos that the board hoped to utilise 80 to 90 per cent of the available spaces for this year’s admission.

Benjamin stated that the board’s projection for this year’s admission was to ensure that candidates utilised more available spaces unlike in 2018 where about 40 per cent of spaces were not utilised.



 “The first choice admission for public universities commenced from August 21 and would last till November 16 and for private universities, it will be from August 21 to February 15, 2020.

“The second choice admissions for public universities will be from November 17 to December 17,’’ he said.

The board also distanced itself from an advertisement on “roque website,” urging candidates and other concerned stakeholders to subscribe ahead of the 2020 UTME.

According to Benjamin, the board knows nothing about the advertisement.(Punch)


No comments:

Disclaimer
Most News articles reported on LOCAL AFRICAN REALITY are a reflection of what is published in the media. LOCAL AFRICAN REALITY is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles, however, we ensure that only news articles from credible sources are reflected in this service. Independent opinions which are mailed to us may also be published from time to time at our discretion, however the sources for these independent articles will be clearly stated.


Share your story with us: SMS: +23409067561649, Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Email: localafricanreality@gmail.com or qubesentertainmentmagazine@yahoo.com
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Twitter: @localafricanr