LOCAL AFRICAN REALITY

Breaking

In Lagos: Stroke patient dies in burnt buildings


A  53-year-old man has been reported dead after fire gutted two buildings on Ogunmokun Street in the Mushin area of Lagos State on Tuesday.

Our correspondent gathered that the fire started around 3pm from a three-storey building after a girl of about seven years lighted a gas cooker, which later exploded.

The fire was said to have spread to the adjoining building as residents made frantic efforts to extinguish it.

A witness, Dr Ewatomilola Ayeni, who spoke to our correspondent from the scene of the incident, said as of 5pm, the fire was still raging.

Ayeni said the girl was still breathing and had been rushed to hospital, while the man was confirmed dead.

Our correspondent gathered that despite the intensity of the fire, some of the residents were making efforts to salvage their property.

Punch Metro learnt that hoodlums used the opportunity to steal property and dispossess passers-by of their phones and money.

The Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Fire Service, Mrs Adeleke Ashimi, could not be reached for comments as of press time.

The state Commissioner for Special Duties, Dr Wale Ahmed, did not take his calls, which rang out.(Punch)

No comments:

Disclaimer
Most News articles reported on LOCAL AFRICAN REALITY are a reflection of what is published in the media. LOCAL AFRICAN REALITY is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles, however, we ensure that only news articles from credible sources are reflected in this service. Independent opinions which are mailed to us may also be published from time to time at our discretion, however the sources for these independent articles will be clearly stated.


Share your story with us: SMS: +23409067561649, Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Email: localafricanreality@gmail.com or qubesentertainmentmagazine@yahoo.com
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Twitter: @localafricanr