LOCAL AFRICAN REALITY

Latest update

Thursday, 3 May 2018

@Sadnews Africa: Boy dies from overdose tramadol


A young man reportedly identified as Etim, has died after he allegedly consumed over a thousand milligram of tramadol in Obaganya Otukpo, Benue State.

It was gathered that Eti, popularly known as Ratty, was rushed to Abba clinic at Ogiri Oko street when he became unconscious after taking the substance on April 30.

He was however pronounced dead on Wednesday after spending three days at the hospital and was buried the same day.


According to a source at the hospital, he said that the tramadol dosage he took was too much for his system to withstand which led to the destruction of some vital organs.

“He became extremely weak and couldn’t even say a word throughout his stay at the hospital till he gave up the ghost,’ the source said.


Meanwhile, the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, has directed the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, to ban with immediate effect further issuance of permits for the importation of codeine as active pharmaceutical ingredient for cough preparations.

No comments:

Disclaimer
Most News articles reported on LOCAL AFRICAN REALITY are a reflection of what is published in the media. LOCAL AFRICAN REALITY is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles, however, we ensure that only news articles from credible sources are reflected in this service. Independent opinions which are mailed to us may also be published from time to time at our discretion, however the sources for these independent articles will be clearly stated.


Share your story with us: SMS: +23409067561649, Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Email: localafricanreality@gmail.com or qubesentertainmentmagazine@yahoo.com
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Twitter: @localafricanr